The main nuisance pest of summer time in WA, black ants have the potential to wreck paving and gardens. Learn simple tips to prevent or get rid of an invasion into your kitchen, bathrooms and pantry.
- Cleanliness makes all the difference.
- Ants are sugar or protein feeders usually. Keep spills and exposed food to a minimum.
- Dog food bowls with lips that you fill with water stop them physically eating it.
- Baits containing Boric acid can have good results. The fresher the bait the better, check manufacturing date on the label, a year old is pushing it.
- If you do use a pyrethrin based spray, don’t use it near bait as it repels the ants. Classic rookie pest controller mistake.
- Professional advice is recommended whenever a pesticide is applied.